WIPocalypse 2021 - Kick Off Post

WIPocalypse 2021 - Kick Off Post

Sunday, 03 January 2021



Every year, for different reasons, I can never finish the year stitching and publishing as I planned. The last year 2020 had been a bit strange and, in general, very bad year. But despite being a terrible year, not only for the pandemic but because I lost very important people, it had also few good things.

One of them is that I bought the house I was renting and I am now a mortgaged homeowner. The other is that I started a beauty blog and Instagram profile that kept me very busy and I hardly could stitch. But now I think I have both of my blogs under control and I can use part of my time for my other passion, craft and especially, cross-stitch. Hope this year I can be with you month after month until the end of the year.


My stitching goals for 2021

My main goal this year is to finish what I started in the past, all my UFOs. I want to start also few new projects, but this year, I will not start all of them at the same time as I did in the past (I think that is my main mistake). 

I will use the WIPocalypse update every month as a summary of what I did this month and I will link to other posts where you can read about each project more in detail. If you don't know what WIPocalypse is, you can read from WIPocalypse 2021 webpage in Measi's Musings' Blog.


Projects to work in 2021

That is the initial list but I will be adding or removing projects as the year progress. However, I hope to finish most of the initial projects listed here.

  • Hooties All Year Round (6/12 done)
  • Season Dreamcatchers (2/4 done)
  • Prickly but Cute (4/15 done)
  • Around the World in 80 stitches (1/24 tasks done)
  • Christmas Ornaments (one per month)
  • Mini Magical Mystery SALs Pincushion (published in the blog Magickal Quilt and More during 2020)
  • Wheel of the Year (NEW)
  • Easter Calendar (NEW)
  • Dance of the Total Eclipse (NEW)
  • HAED Mini Hecate (NEW)
  • Other small projects and other crafts projects (to be decided)


I will not work on every project every month. Let's see if this new way of working is better for me.

See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Irene You have a nice variety of projects. Looking forward to seeing your progress in 2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of projects. I think you will find you make quicker progress if you focus on fewer things per month and space out your new starts. Best of luck to meet your 2021 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mix of projects. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete