The Blogger Behind.......Ipnot

When I saw first time this blog I was impressed and still I am every time I visit it. It is amazing how with only French knots Ipnot can do so realistic things as a pizza, a tomato, etc.
I decided that Ipnot, the blogger behind the blog with the same name, Ipnot, was a very good starting point for my new interview section, The Blogger Behind.



Tell us something about you.
I am Japanese embroidery artist. I am making embroidery works with the French Knot stitch only. As in the art of stipple painting, I use my needle like a paint brush and I stitch one knot at a time.

How and when did you start crafting?
I have been making handicraft arts for 5 years already. But only about 4 years ago I started to make embroidery.
First I wasn’t into embroidery. Instead, I made clay accessories. But 4 years ago I saw an embroidered bear in a magazine. Then I told myself I will make one. I want to try embroidery because when I was a child my grandmother liked to do embroidery. Then I saw how to do it and I was curious about it. After seeing the embroidered bear in the magazine, I tried it. I really had a lot of fun and I decided to stop doing clay accessories and just focus on embroidery.


How often do you craft?
I craft almost every day. But sometimes I can’t embroider engaged with another job. Since I am the happiest when I am embroidering, I want to embroider as long as time permits.

Where do you get inspiration?
I can get inspiration anytime anywhere. I always keep my eyes open. I touch a lot of arts in libraries, museums, solo exhibitions, art works at SNS, art related TV and so on.

Why do you craft? How did you learn?
Embroidery is my life work. I have spent my childhood surrounded by very creative and crafty people who have inspired me. I was drawn to embroidery because my grandmother used to do it and made it look very relaxing and enjoyable. So I tried it and enjoyed it myself. Since then, I started my own projects and it doesn’t feel like work.
I learned embroidery by myself.



What do you do when you are suffering a creative block to unblock?
If that happens, I go to a museum to appreciate art and I get creative input. And then, I keep doing embroidery without thinking deeply.

What are the crafting tools that you cannot live without?

The crafting tools that I cannot live without are needles and thread.

Thank you Ipnot for your time and all the best for your future projects.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable little projects. I can't even imagine doing all of that with French knots. French knots are not always my stitching friends. Thanks for sharing. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a great embroidery design. If you are looking for customized Embroidered Uniforms with excellent designs & matching color, then visit bludog.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therefore, the modern embroidery method is way better than the traditional embroidery tactics in terms of providing a convenient and advanced working experience to varying individuals in their required tasks. cap digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good story about the blogger behind this. I love to read posts about Embroidery digitizing and art work. Thanks for sharing the post.

    ReplyDelete