Gifted Gorgeousness February Update

This is the first time I am going to participate in that SAL, mainly because not always I have something which can include the world “gift”.

But this year I have something. I had problems last year in finding an appropriate Christmas present for my mum and I decided that next time I will offer her something handmade by myself. My mum loves two things on top of all, owls and flowers. I thought at the beginning in doing something related with owls, but I discarded the idea as she already has more than 200 owls in different style (ceramic, stitched, knitted, etc). I saw then the patterns from Cuore e Baticuore called “A Year of Flowers” which consists stitching a flower representing each month of the year.

I decided to do a flower a month and I have finished now January and February’s ones (snowdrop and daffodil respectively). I still didn’t stitch the month name as I want to stitch it in Spanish (my mom doesn’t speak English).


I am sure she will like.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, that will be a super gift gor your mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love these designs and I am sure your Mum will too. I'm looking forward to seeing the piece grow this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for your mum - I love the Daffodil! x

    ReplyDelete