The Blogger Behind...... Lord Libidan

Lord Libidan is a cross stitch designer. His designs are very contemporary and it is not very common to find designs of the style Lord Libidan does. He published in his blog Lord Libidan where he publishes very interesting articles which can teach you a lot about cross stitch art. One of my favourite is the story of the needles, not very easy to find the information. He has also published more than 500 free patterns designed by himself related with video-games, TV  and anime. I especially love the Pokemon serie. But let’s know Lord Libidan a bit more.




  1. Why did you start writing this blog?
I first created my blog to show off my own cross stitch, however as time moved on I realised there wasn’t many places answering the questions cross stitchers had.

  1. What is this blog about?
Cross stitch. We offer guides, reviews, free patterns and roundups of great cross stitch, focusing on a contemporary and modern feel.

  1. In what environment do you write your blog?
I tend to throw ideas around my head whilst driving, however once I have a good title/topic I write in my lunch times at work. It’s a very corporate atmosphere, so I like how I can concentrate all of my creativity on my writing.




  1. Who do you think would love to read your blog?
Anyone that likes embroidery and cross stitch. We answer questions, give tips and work with the community.

  1. Why should people follow your blog?
Unlike a lot of craft blogs, we make sure we create content you’ll want to read. We only feature curated content and answer questions every stitcher might need answering.

  1. How and when did you start crafting?
Back in 2009 I picked up a small cross stitch highland cow kit to fill my summer holiday (it was a typically wet English summer). From that point on I’ve been hooked. I moved onto creating my own patterns and designs in 2011.





  1. How often do you craft?
I tend to stitch every day, even if it’s only 10 minutes (you can start and stop cross stitch without issue). On weekends I tend to spend more time on it.

  1. Where do you get inspiration?
I tend to get a lot of inspiration from art works. I visit a lot of galleries and museums, and like to take an existing artwork and change it up to fit my style and theme.

  1. Why do you craft? How did you learn?
I’ve always been artistic, however I’ve lacked the devotion to draw or paint. I started working on pixel art a long time ago, and whilst I gave it up, cross stitch uses a lot of the same skills to create patterns.
People mainly cross stitch to de-stress, however I much prefer to run the stress away. Instead I cross stitch to forget about work, deadlines, and other boring things.

  1. What do you do when you are suffering a creative block to unblock?
The worst thing you can do when you’re in a creative block, is think about the block. I put cross stitch down and do something else; watch movies, play games, go out with friends. After a while I’ll see something and suddenly the creative block is gone.

  1. What are the crafting tools that you cannot live without?
Organisation. Whilst tools help you LOADS, being able to just pull the right thing out at the right time is a massive help. I organise everything, from needles in size tubes to threads on skeins, to aida fabric in boxes.





Thank you very much, Lord Libidan, for letting us know a bit more about you. I am sure people will enjoy your job as much as I do and I can promise I am going to make some of your Pokemon designs……..

4 comments:

  1. I have read the articles Lord Libidan does for Mr X-Stitch and love the little arcade games machine.
    I have a thing about 3D stitching and that is such a clever design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! logo embroidery design sight must see that

    ReplyDelete