Earth Day


 Yesterday 22nd April was the International Earth Day, a day to honor our planet. The good thing is that there is still one day when people are conscious about the health of our planet and about that we need to take care of it. It is a joint job to make the planet healthier and sustainable. In the other hand, what makes me feel bad is that we need that day to make people do something for the Earth. Everybody should take care of the Earth in daily basis and not only once a year, but it should be a starting point.

I didn’t do anything special as I take care of the planet daily. Because of my believes, I consider myself one more creature in the planet, not superior to any other existing creatures, animal, plants or stones, and I try to minimize the impact I am having on the planet.

But I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to make a small homage to the Earth and I prepare a small and easy embroidery. It represents a tree, where the trunk is the world EARTH and the leaves part is composed by different worlds representing all what the planet is.




Birds, plants, animals, water, flowers, bees, trees,.... All of that is the planet. It cannot survive if some of these is missing. We need the water to make the trees and plants grow, the bees and birds to pollinate the flowers which at the same time are food for birds and animals,..... In summary, all of that gives raise at the most important thing we have, LIFE.


The Earth is a living creature and it need the care of all of us. The human being is not contributing to the ecosystems, we only use resources. We are the main consumers and, nevertheless, nobody consumes us. I don’t pretend people agree with me, maybe for you the Earth is only the place where we live, but in any case, I would like to ask you a question, will you destroy your home? Remember something…….



2 comments:

  1. A very thoughtful post, and a very thoughtful stitching piece!
    DH and I try to do our best for the planet every day too! Let’s hope that we can make more people consider what they are doing to the world!
    Hugs
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a most thoughtful post - I particularly like the last image with the slogan "There is no Planet B". Too true! We all need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete