Halloween Decoration


How fast the time goes…… It seems that not so long back we were celebrating Christmas and we are already preparing 2018 ones. We have just celebrated Halloween last week. Halloween (or Samhain, depending on what you believe) is one of my favourite (or even I should say my favourite) festivities of the year. After autumn equinox and change to winter time dark time is long, weather start to be chilled and we experience the first frosten. It is the point where you can feel stronger the turn of the wheel of the year. So, as I love that time so much, I invested lot of time in prepare home decoration for that festivity, and I want to share it with you.

During the last couple of months I have been stitching a hooty design from Country Magic Stitch called Halloween Owls. I bought it in Etsy and consists in 12 owls wearing spooky costumes. We have from the witchy owl to the mummy one passing from Frankestein, vampire, ghost, skeleton, devil,.... For that design I chose a green olive 18 ct Aida cloth and used the call for DMC threads. I frame it using a picture frame from the second hand shop and I decorate the frame with Halloween shapes (bat, pumpkin, spider, ghost) made on glitter black, orange and white foam.







Just before doing the owls I stitched a Halloween Unicorn designed by AnnaXStitch. I stitched in 14 count yellow Aida fabric and DMC threads. I framed it using a hoop previously wrapped in black ribbon. I stitched a black ribbon in the side of the design as decoration and use the same black ribbon for hanging.




The next couple of jobs are from the Cross Stitcher issue 336 magazine and I really fell in love with them when I saw. I chose for that design the hateful but beautiful 14 count aida in black. For the spider I used the  glow in the dark thread by DMC with black metallic thread for the spider web. Those two were used also for the 31st October ornament together with the called for DMC threads. I want to write a full post about the glow in the dark thread as I was really impressed with it, I thought it was not going to be that glowy but I was surprised. I framed both ornaments in a flexi hoop (I would like to make a tutorial on how to frame using flexi hoop soon).




To finish this post I would like to show you two pictures that cannot be missed in Halloween, the carved pumpkin and a witchy black cat. She is my beloved Luna, my life companion and my biggest treasure.






1 comment:

  1. I love the Hallowe'en Owls - such fun! And Luna is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete