WIPocalypse - April Check In


The WIPocalypse SAL is hosted by Measi's Musings.

Time to slow down for a while and look back to see what I could do this month. As every month happens, I did so much less than what I really wanted to do. Some of my annual projects didn’t advance as I was preparing some Easter decoration and now I need to catch up with them.
But before I start showing what I did, as every moth I do, let’s see the list of my WIPs.

  1. Hooties All Year Round 1
  2. Just Cross Stitch Christmas ornament
  3. Month Flower
  4. Connie Gee Design Blackwork SAL
  5. Advent Calendar
  6. Season Dreamcatcher
  7. Easter Egg NEW
  8. Easter decoration NEW
  9. Litha


I am running behind with the owls. April’s owl should be done by now but I could only make March’s one on this month. It is representing Saint Patrick’s Day. I hope I can catch up and finish April’s and May’s owls by the end of May.



I finished two flowers this month, primroses, representing February and daffodils which represent March. Both of them are done in evenweave fabric using DMC stranded cotton threads. Primroses are framed using a hoop and the daffodils are finished as a small cushion.




I made a good advance in the Advent Calendar. I finished the ornaments for days 4 to 7. They are pair of mittens, a bauble, a snowman, a poinsettia and an angel. I will try to go up to day 10 in May.



Last update I mentioned that I started my Seasonal Dreamcatchers. Well, it is finished now and looks very nice. I made it in 14 count Aida fabric using the DMC called for threads. They will be very nice once they are all together.


This month I also finished the Litha Banner which I was carrying over from last year. I finished it as I did with the rest, using this time yellow back fabric.



For Easter this year I prepared two embroideries. Both designs are from the Just Cross Stitch April issue magazine. One of them is an Easter egg embroidered with speciality stitches. You can read more here about the stitches I used in that piece. 



The other one is more simple but not less nice because of that. The design says Happy Easter and shows some typical Easter things as eggs, bunnies, etc.



I started the spring magical mystery SAL proposed by Magical Quilts and More. I just started it and made the two first parts. That will be over soon and I will show it next month. For now, I want to show the fabric and threads I chose for it.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I couldn’t do anything for the JCS Christmas ornaments or the Connie Gee blackwork SAL.

Measi’s Musings use to do propose a question every month. For the month of April the question is:

“Talk to us about your longest running WIP or UFO”

Fortunately I don’t have now any WIP or UFO running for long time, but the project which took me longer in finishing was the Queen of Water. I started it on 2015 and finished only beginning of this year. I will try to avoid that happen again as much as posible.



2 comments:

  1. You have done so much! You should be pleased. I sometimes find having a list of everything I need to/want to do in a month can be demoralising. I love your dreamcatcher x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishes look great, I love the daffodils! I really like how the Dreamcatcher looks, so soft and delicate.

    ReplyDelete