Small SAL 2019 - April Check In


The Small SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread.

From the last time I posted on this SAL, I decided to do something different as what I planned at the beginning of the year. I started in 2018 the Advent Calendar, I did the corresponding embroideries for days 1 and 2. I want to finish this year and I decided to do each month the embroideries corresponding to two days. I re-started in January and from that time I finished the motifs corresponding to day 3 to day 7.

The Advent Calendar is a design from Tiny Modernist. I am doing all the days in the same fabric in a 6 column by 4 rows disposition. I chose for that design a Christmas Red 18 count Aida fabric with the call for colours from DMC.

Day 1 and 2 were finished last year and they represent a snowflake and a gingerbread man. This year I stitched as I mentioned already days 3 to 7, representing each one the following:

Day 3: pair of mittens


Day 4: Bauble


Day 5: Snowman


Day 6: Poinsettia


Day 7: Angel


And that is like the look all together.


4 comments:

  1. Oh this is so lovely! I really love the bauble and the snowman x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it on the red, it's coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Advent calendar so far! So bright and cheerful! Thank you for joining the SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. très très beau sur cette toile rouge, magnifique biz

    ReplyDelete