Fully Finished Gallery - January Update

Fully Finished Gallery - January Update

Sunday, 10 January 2021


Welcome to my blog!!


Today I want to show you something I did recently for my family, but before I want to introduce you to the Fully Finished Gallery 2021. Rachel from Ten Hour Stitcher hosts every year a party link where you share the link to a blog post showing a fully finished craft project, as you can guess for the name. There is no commitment, you participate only when you have something to show. That encourages you to finish projects and see what other people do. I recommend you to have a look if still, you don't know it.


fully-finished



This year I couldn't travel to Spain to spend Christmas with my family, as I am sure was the case of some of you also. I spend Christmas time in the UK, alone with my little cat Luna and I wanted to send my family something containing a bit of me, something handmade. That is why I decided to make a Christmas card for them.


I wanted to do something different and not the typical winter design embroidered in fabric. I chose to make a pattern published in the blog Magical Quilts and More. There was a SAL running called Easy Christmas Cards and the January's pattern was interesting.


I embroidered it in 14 counts perforated paper in gold colour, what I regret when doing, as it reflects the light too much and it is very uncomfortable to work with. I chose black thread DMC 310 because of the effect of the black colour over the gold and carefully cut around after embroidered to give the shape.

fully-finished- january-detail


I mounted over a yellow card and fixed the embroidery with thick double sided tape to make it a bit elevated over the card. That is how it looked like.

fully-finished- january



Do you work with perforated paper? Do you want a post with my tips to work with it? Let me know in the comments.



2 comments:

  1. Hello I joined in the FFG too. So popped over to see your finish. Beautiful. Love the way it turned out. I love working with perforated paper because it's so easy to finish it afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so amazing. So, sorry that you had your Christmas alone but I am sure that Luna was happy to have you at home.

    ReplyDelete