Let the People Choose - April Update




The Let People Choose SAL is hosted by Serendipitous Stitching.

Time again for Let People Choose SAL, organised by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching each month. Every month there is a theme proposed, what makes even more funny participate as you not only stitch but also look for the pattern you want to stitch. This month Theme is Speciality Stitches. I think I was quite lucky when I decided to buy April’s issue of the magazine Just Cross Stitch. As it is the Easter special issue they proposed some Easter designs. I quickly fell in love with one of the designs as it was Ummm……...beautiful? ……….. I can’t really find a word to describe it. It is an Easter egg make using only special stitches and they proposed different options: green, blue and pink. Ok, I would like to make all or even more colours, but for the first one I chose green. I used 28 count Lugana fabric in cream and the call for DMC threads for the green egg. 

The egg is designed by Charlotte Smyth of Charlotte's Web Needlework and it is called A Stitcher's Egg. 

The variety of stitches used to make this eggs are the following (if you see the egg picture I am starting the stitches list from top to bottom):

  • Elongated Smyrna Cross Stitch
  • Mosaic Stitch
  • Scotch and Reverse Scotch Stitch
  • Algerian Eye Stitch
  • Triangle Variation Stitch
  • Rice Stitch
  • Long Arm Cross Stitch
  • Woven Cross Stitch
  • Montenegrin Stitch




I finished it in the obvious egg shape, using cream back fabric and cardboard to make the whole harder and I put green cord all around which not only help me to hang somewhere but also is very decorative and hide the two part join edges. Let’s see if I can make the other colours before Easter.



7 comments:

  1. Very nice collection of stitches in your egg! Pretty threads too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely egg, beautiful stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Your Easter Egg is wonderful. I have that issue, I will have to go back and look at those designs again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful stitch sampler egg! It looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Easter egg. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely stitches in a sweet little egg, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's an interesting piece - I love the variety of stitches

    ReplyDelete